Wednesday, August 8, 2012

HEALTHY IS THE NEW SKINNY

You have most likely heard the quote that 'strong is the new skinny'?... You may have even seen us post about? 
As much as I love this new trend in female fitness and body image, I think that sometimes these 'strong' bodies we idolise are so unrealistic and unnattainable for the average woman considering many of these bodies have taken years to sculpt and create. I also don't understand people posting images about 'health and fitness' that resemble nothing but skin and bones... Which may I say, is not healthy.

While you may think my posting images of celebrity body's to be a slight contradiction to my previous statement? I simply aim to share my inspirations when it comes to a healthy mind, body and soul. The women that I have included in this post are women I look at and respect. I respect them for their obvious hard work and determination in maintaing healthy beautiful figures in a world that shuns the 'curvaceous'. Yes they have all, most likely, worked extremely hard for their physiques...but good on them! Nothing comes easy, thats for sure.

That said, I like to think that I can treat myself every now and then :)
































































No comments:

Post a Comment